National center for research and application of renewable energy sources
Slovak University of Technology in Bratislava has been supported from European Regional Development Fund within Operational Program Research and Development.
Within the project of the National Center for Research and application of renewable energy sources are involved four faculties of SUT:
- Faculty of Electrical Engineering and Information Technology
- Faculty of Mechanical Engineering
- Faculty of Chemical And Food Technology
- Faculty of Civil Engineering
The Center's objective is to increase the research potential of the SUT and the integration of scientific teams focused on new, environmentally acceptable renewable energy sources. The establishment of the center increases the quality of research and development and the innovation potential of the SUT as well as elimination of fragmented research at SUT. This will also strengthen the competitiveness and success of the SUT in international research.
The main subject of research in the field of renewable energy sources will be biomass and solar energy. The biomass will be center focus on the study of pyrolysis kinetics of thermal decomposition processes of polymers from renewable sources, with the consequent design of appropriate technological conditions for pyrolysis and gasification of selected polymeric materials and the analysis of pyrolysis products. In the field of solar energy will be emphasized optimization of solar tracking, power output conditioning, and accumulation of energy from plants based on renewable energy.Specific objectives of the Center are:
- Connect the top level research teams, by creating center and ensure its lasting sustainability.
- Provide the research teams in the center of excellence with top-class instrumentation: thereby achieving improvement and acquisition of necessary technology, without which the center of excellence, despite their good skills of human resources could not implement their project plans. This will complete the laboratory at 4 faculties of SUT involved in the project.
- Equip the center of excellence with cutting-edge information technology.